Emergency Assistance & Repairs
24/7 Peace of mind for Landlord and Tenant
We offer the ‘Landlord home emergency insurance policy’ from Auto Legal Protection Services Limited (ALPS) which is underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited (on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited) to provide cover emergency assistance and temporary repairs to residential let properties in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man which are let to no more than four unrelated tenants.
- £1,000 ANNUAL COVERSubject to a £500 (inc.VAT) maximum limit per claim to cover the call out, parts and labour of the insurers pre-authorised contractor to carry out an emergency temporary repair following an emergency at the rental property that is likely to cause insecurity, unreasonable discomfort, risk or difficulties.
- 24/7 HELPLINEHelpline operating 24 hours per day, 365 days per year run by UK Assistance Ltd who manage the insurers approved contractor network with direct billing to insurer.
- 14 DAY EXCESSThis policy will not provide cover/assistance for any event occurring within the first 14 days of a new policies start date. The excess does apply when renewing this policy.
- PLUMBING AND DRAINAGECover for blocked drains and toilets (where there is only one toilet in the property) or damage to internal drainage systems which could lead to internal flooding or water damages.
- LOSS OF UTILITIES (ELECTRICITY, GAS & WATER SUPPLIES)Assistance in the event of an internal failure of the gas, electricity or water supply to the property. Major emergencies which could result in serious damage or damage to life or limb should be immediately advised to the supply company and/or the public emergency services. Gas leaks must be immediately notified to the local gas company.
- LOST KEYSA qualified locksmith will be deployed in the event of the loss of the only available key to enable access to the property. Excludes the loss of keys to internal doors, garages and outbuildings or any damage caused by the Contractor in gaining access to the Property.
- SECURITY & GLAZINGDamage or failure to external doors, windows and door locks which render your property insecure. Excludes internal locks, doors or glass, external garages or outbuildings, window locks, doors subject to swelling or any damage caused by the Contractor in gaining access to the Property.
- PRIMARY HEATING SYSTEMAssistance in the event of a failure or complete breakdown of the primary heating system in the property. Excludes any form of solar heating systems or gas boilers greater than 15 years old or that have not been serviced at least once in the 12 months preceding the breakdown.
- PEST INFESTATIONRemoval of pests including: wasps, hornets, house mice, field mice, rats or cockroaches. Excludes cover where the infestation is not directly affecting the living areas of the property.
**FOR FULL DETAILS OF THE POLICY COVERAGE, LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS & CONDITIONS PLEASE VIEW THE POLICY WORDING**
Please note that this is not a property maintenance contract and is designed to compliment and not replace a landlords buildings insurance policy. You are solely responsible for all subsequent costs associated for any permanent repair required following an emergency temporary repair claimed under this policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this policy requires that you have a valid and active let property buildings insurance in force.
The Policyholder, the tenant(s) or the policyholders letting agent / property management company may make a claim on this policy as long as they can quote the policy number and name of the policyholder.
No, claims will only be indemnified where a contractor has been appointed by UK Assistance Ltd via the Claims Helpline provided (01977) 781848.
No, however, the policy will only pay out upto a maximum of £1,000 (inc.VAT) in any one Period of Insurance and subject to a maximum limit of £500 (inc.VAT) per claim. For example, you could make 5 (five) claims not exceeding £200 each in any one policy year, or you could make 1 (one) claim at £500 and 2 (two) further claims not exceeding £250 each in one policy year.
No, the policy only provides cover for properties that are let purely for residential purposes and there must also be a valid landlords buildings insurance policy in force.
If you have any other questions then please call us on 0118 970 3775 (Lines open 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday) or send us a message.