Emergency Assistance & Repairs
24/7 Peace of mind for Landlord and Tenant
We offer the Home 3 Assistance Landlords Emergency Property Assistance & Repairs insurance as an add on to our Landlords Buildings & or Contents Insurance. The Home 3 policy provides immediate assistance in the event of a domestic emergency.
Please note that this is not a property maintenance contract. You are responsible for the costs associated for the permanent repair.
This policy is only available for residential let properties in England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland where a valid landlords buildings insurance policy is also in force. Please note that a 14 day exclusion period applies unless you have held similar cover with an alternative provider up to the inception of your new Home 3 policy.
*Please note that this policy is non-refundable upon mid-term cancellation*
This Landlords Emergency Property Assistance & Repairs policy provides cover for the following:
- Plumbing and drainage problemsThe sudden failure of, or damage to, the plumbing and drainage system. This includes leaking pipes, blocked drains, water tanks and blockages in toilet waste pipes (if only one toilet in the property) and leaking radiators.
- Breakage or failure of any sole toilet unitBreakage to or mechanical failure of the toilet bowl or cistern (excluding Saniflow systems) resulting in loss of function providing there is no other toilet in the home.
- Gas and Electrical SupplyThe sudden and complete failure or breakdown of the electrical or gas supply within your rental property (excludes lack of supply due to unpaid bills).
- Breakdown of mains heating or failure of hot waterFor complete failure or breakdown of either the heating and / or hot water supply provided by your primary heating system (for boilers less than 15 years old and which are serviced at least once every 12 months by a Gas Safety Executive registered engineer).
- Security and GlazingDamage caused to external locks, doors and windows which render your property insecure.
- Roofing ProblemsThe sudden damage to the main roof of your rental property caused by storm, fallen trees or branches.
- Pest / Vermin infestationsProfessional extermination and control of pests / vermin in your rental property including cellars and adjoining outbuildings (Pests / vermin is defined as brown or black rats, house or field mice, and wasps’ or hornets’ nests).
- Alternative Accommodation CostsYour tenant’s overnight accommodation costs including transport to such accommodation up to a maximum of £100 following a Home Emergency which renders the home uninhabitable.
Cover for temporary emergency repairs is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year and pays for:
- Call-out charges
- Parts and materials
- Maximum payable per claim is £500 (inc. VAT)
- Additional £100 cover per claim for alternative overnight accommodation
- Unlimited claims per insurance period
- Approved Contractor appointed immediately and involved in the initial claim call
(inc. 6% Insurance Premium Tax)
|12 months Landlord’s Emergency Property Assistance & Repairs||£79.00||Buy|
|- for any additional properties (if purchasing as a group)||£75.00|
Premiums are charged per self-contained property.
Example premium: A building comprising of two self contained flats would need two separate policies. The first will be charged at £79.00 and the second will be £75.00.
Please note that the premiums quoted above are for the insurance policy only and do not include the cost of an annual boiler service or CP12 certificate, both of which are your separate responsibility. The prices above are based on cover being purchased with Landlords Buildings &/ or Contents Insurance
Claims line 0844 8485 261
In the event of an emergency at the rental property, you or your tenant should contact the Home 3 Assistance claims department on 0844 8485 261 as soon as possible.
The caller will be asked for the policy number, the policyholders name, the address of the rental property (including postcode) and the nature of the problem.
The Home 3 Assistance claims department will then immediately contact the relevant approved tradesperson local to the rental property so you or your tenant can explain the problem directly to them and obtain immediate expert advice on the situation and arrange a time and date for a call out if required, all in the one telephone call.
Please refer to the policy wording for further details of the full claims procedure
This is Landlords Emergency Property Assistance policy is provided by ‘Home 3 Assistance Limited’ as an agent of the insurer, Mapfre Asistencia Compania Internacional de Seguros y Reaseguros.
Home 3 Assistance Limited, Registered Office: 1 Future Walk, West Bars, Chesterfield, S49 1PF. Registered in England No. 6594429. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority No. 496336.
Home 3 Assistance Ltd is a joint venture between two of the world’s leading assistance companies – CPP and Mapfre Asistencia. By combining the customer service and business partner management expertise of CPP with the home assistance network and claims management skills of Mapfre Asistencia, Home 3 Assistance Ltd delivers a unique new end-to-end solution to the market.
CPP is a global life-assistance specialist with more than 200 business partners in 13 countries, serving more than 10 million customers worldwide.
Mapfre Asistencia has more than 20 years’ experience of providing home assistance services. It currently manages more than 67 million policies across four continents.
Mapfre Asistencia is part of a large multi-national business with international awards for its insurance-based assistance products and services. It has a global reputation for creating and managing home assistance networks. Mapfre offers customers fast and effective solutions to everyday emergencies and repairs, to all of its international partners.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions on: 0118 970 3775.
(Lines open 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday)
Yes, this policy requires that you have a valid and active let property buildings insurance in force.
The Policyholder, the tenant(s) or the policyholders letting agent / property management company may make a claim on this policy as long as they can quote the policy number and name of the policyholder.
No, claims will only be indemnified where a contractor has been appointed by the Home 3 Assistance claims department.
There is no limit to the number of claims that can be made in any one policy year however, additional terms may apply from renewal where excessive claims have been made or renewal may be declined if it is felt that the risk address is not being maintained properly.
No, the Home 3 Assistance policy only covers properties that are let purely for residential purposes and there must also be a valid landlords buildings insurance policy in force.
If you have any other questions then please call us on 0118 970 3775 (Lines open 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday) or send us a message.