Emergency Assistance & Repairs
24/7 Peace of mind for Landlord and Tenant
We offer the AXA Assistance ‘Landlord insured domestic emergency insurance’ policy (administered by LawShield UK Limited) which provides up to £600 cover for the call out costs, parts and labour of a contractor pre-authorised by the insurer to carry out an emergency temporary repair in the event of a domestic emergency at the rental property. The policy covers up to 3 (three) claims in any one policy year.
Please note that this is not a property maintenance contract and is designed to compliment and not replace a landlords buildings insurance policy. You are solely responsible for all subsequent costs associated for any permanent repair required following an emergency temporary repair claimed under this policy
This policy is only available for residential let properties in the United Kingdom (Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands) and a 14 day exclusion period applies for all new policies.
This AXA Assistance ‘Landlord insured domestic emergency insurance’ policy provides cover for the following:
- Plumbing and drainage problemsThe sudden failure of, or damage to, the plumbing and drainage system. This includes leaking pipes, blocked drains, water tanks and blockages in toilet waste pipes (if only one toilet in the property) and leaking radiators.
- Gas and Electrical SupplyThe sudden and complete failure or breakdown of the electrical or gas supply within your rental property (excludes lack of supply due to unpaid bills).
- Breakdown of mains heating or failure of hot waterFor complete failure or breakdown of either the heating and / or hot water supply provided by your primary heating system (for boilers less than 15 years old and which are serviced at least once every 12 months by a Gas Safety Executive registered engineer). Excludes cover for any form of solar heating systems.
- Security and GlazingDamage caused to external locks, doors and windows which render your property insecure.
- Pest / Vermin infestationsProfessional extermination and control of pests / vermin in your rental property including cellars and adjoining outbuildings (Pests / vermin is defined as brown or black rats, house or field mice, squirrels, wasps’ nests & hornets’ nests only).
- Alternative AccomodationSubject to the insurers prior agreement they will pay up to £100 (including VAT) in total for the tenant’s overnight accommodation and/or transportation to such accommodation if the property becomes uninhabitable and remaining so overnight because of a covered event.
Cover for temporary emergency repairs is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year and pays for:
- Call-out charges
- Parts and materials
- Maximum payable per claim is £600 (inc. VAT)
- Maximum of 3 claims per year
- Approved Contractor network managed by AXA Assistance with direct billing to insurer
|Total Cost for 12 Months Cover||Premium
(inc. 6% Insurance Premium Tax)
|Total Cost to Cover One Property||£165.00||Buy|
|Total Charge for Each Additional Property (if purchasing as a group)||£159.00|
Premiums are charged per self-contained property.
Example premium: A building comprising of two self contained flats would need two separate policies. The first will be charged at £165.00 and the second will be £159.00, total payable = £324.00.
Please note that the premiums quoted above are for the insurance policy only and do not include the cost of an annual boiler service or CP12 certificate, both of which are your separate responsibility. The prices above are based on cover being purchased with Landlords Buildings &/ or Contents Insurance
Claims line 0845 605 3911
In the event of an emergency at the rental property, you or your tenant must contact the claim department on 0848 605 3911 within 12 hours of the insured event.
The caller will be asked for the policy number, the policyholders name, the address of the rental property (including postcode) and the nature of the problem.
AXA Assistance will then appoint one of their approved contractors who will contact you as quickly as possible to arrange a time and date for a call out if required.
Please refer to the policy wording for further details of the full claims procedure
This policy is administered by LawShield UK Limited of LawShield House, 850 Ibis Court, Lakeside Drive, Centre Park, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 1RL. It is registered in England no: 03360532.
This policy is underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA (IPA) which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group. Inter Partner Assistance is a Belgian firm authorised by the National Bank of Belgium and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details about the extent of its regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from us on request. Inter Partner Assistance SA firm register number is 202664. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the website www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the Financial Conduct Authority on 0800 111 6768.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions on: 0118 970 3775.
(Lines open 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday)
Yes, this policy requires that you have a valid and active let property buildings insurance in force.
The Policyholder, the tenant(s) or the policyholders letting agent / property management company may make a claim on this policy as long as they can quote the policy number and name of the policyholder.
No, claims will only be indemnified where a contractor has been appointed by AXA Assistance.
Yes, the policy will only cover up to a maximum of 3 claims per property in any one insurance year.
No, the policy only provides cover for properties that are let purely for residential purposes and there must also be a valid landlords buildings insurance policy in force.
If you have any other questions then please call us on 0118 970 3775 (Lines open 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday) or send us a message.